Medical Grade Chemical Peels In Gainesville, FL
Since their discovery by Austrian dermatologist Ferdinand Ritter von Hebra in the 1800s, chemical peels have provided a safe and effective way to issue skin treatments for a variety of aesthetic needs.
In this procedure, a chemical solution is administered to the skin, inducing a controlled injury to its layers. As a result, the outer layers of the skin gradually shed, unveiling a rejuvenated appearance. The fresh skin typically boasts enhanced smoothness, reduced lines and wrinkles, a more uniform complexion, and a brighter overall tone.
Today, this procedure has become more refined than ever and is known to provide better results compared to laser removals for imperfections, depending on what you wish to correct. Also, medical-grade chemical peels are customizable and will suit your skin and the kind of treatment you’re looking for.
Why Should you consider medical grade chemical peels?
You can expect to get various enhancements and benefits for your skin when you undergo this procedure. Because many years of research have already gone into making medical grade chemical peels what they are today, they have proven benefits for all skin types. Whether you have skin issues that are hyperpigmented, showing signs of age, or is acne-scarred, a chemical peel might just be the non-invasive and non-surgical medical procedure you’re looking for.
Here are just a few benefits that you can receive from medical-grade chemical peels in Gainesville FL:
- Softens the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and acne scars, providing a more even skin tone
- Eliminates the build-up of pigments that cause dark circles under eyes
- Removes dead skin to reveal a more hydrated and brighter layer of skin
- The new and smoother skin will make even makeup application easier
- The new layer of skin will be better able to absorb skincare products and serums
What to expect from this procedure
We have several chemical peels to choose from. While there is a brief recovery process with most chemical peels, the result is glowing, smooth skin. These are some of the things you can expect from medical grade peels with Spa Royale:
- A consultation with a professional esthetician regarding your needs and desired outcome. A chemical peel procedure can be formulated specifically to treat sun damage, hyperpigmentation, acne scarring, freckles, wrinkles, and fine lines.
- During the actual procedure, a combination of chemicals is applied to the skin to exfoliate damaged and dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. The esthetician will then stimulate the existing cells to regenerate and produce more collagen.
- Recovery time for this treatment will last between 3 to 7 days. During this time, you can expect peeling and redness. So SPF is a MUST.
- Depending on the depth of your first peel, you can come back for further sessions. However, keep in mind that with superficial peels you’re more likely to need more than one session compared to deeper peels.
- While scarring and discoloration are highly unlikely side effects of the treatment, working with a professional and experienced medical expert will minimize such risks.
How is chemical peeling done?
A chemical peel in Gainesville FL is typically done in a Dr’s office or at a spa. Spa Royale provides light and medium depth peels. Before getting started, you’ll be asked to tie back your hair, your face will be cleaned, and eye protection will be applied.
In this procedure, a gauze, cotton ball, or brush could be used to apply a chemical solution such as salicylic acid or lactic acid to treat the desired area. During this time, the skin will start to lighten and might give off a slight stinging sensation as it works to reveal new skin texture and clears blemishes. After the treatment, the solution will be removed, and a neutralizing solution may be added.
With a medium chemical peel in Gainesville, your esthetician may use a special brush, gauze, or a cotton-tipped applicator for the application of the chemical to your face. This solution could contain trichloroacetic acid or glycolic acid, where your skin will start to frost. You might feel a burning or stinging sensation for up to 20 minutes, during which time your esthetician might apply a cool compress to the skin.
There’s no neutralizing solution needed in this process, but a hand-held fan may be used to help cool the skin.
How do you prepare for your treatment?
Before your treatment, you first need to consult with a skincare specialist. When you visit, we will help you determine the best treatment for you. You’ll also be given specific details regarding the peel that you choose, and you will be asked questions regarding anything that might interfere with the procedure. This could include things such as whether you scar easily, or if you’ve recently taken medication for acne.
Be sure to do the following before getting a chemical peel in Gainesville, FL:
- Inform your esthetician of any medications you take
- Don’t use any kind of Retin-A or retinol topical medications for a minimum of 48 hours prior to the chemical peel
- Don’t use Accutane for a minimum of six months
Furthermore, we might also recommend the following:
- Use special products that may improve treatment such as glycolic acid moisturizer or serum
- Take antiviral medication if you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters to avoid breakouts around the mouth
- Use retinoid cream to prep the skin
- Stop using facial exfoliants and scrubs a week before the peel
- Stop epilating, waxing, or using hair removal products a week before your peeling session. It’s also best to avoid hair bleaching
What are the results?
As discussed above, the results of medical grade chemical peels will vary depending on which treatment you choose. We have chemical peel for everyone’s skin type. Some peels will require several sessions to get your specific desired outcome. The stronger the treatment, the more visible the results will be, so be sure to consider your options carefully, if you’re looking to see dramatic results. Keep in mind that your new skin will be sensitive to the sun, so daily commitment to a good SPF is crucial to protect your skin. We can’t wait to see your results and glowing skin!