IN GAINESVILLE, FL
Spa Royale is a wellness spa that provides professional dermaplaning facial services in Gainesville, Florida. Experience smooth, silky skin by undergoing dermaplaning and other skincare treatments at our facility. Our expert team members are highly qualified to enhance the quality of your skin through our superior dermatological techniques.
Boost your own unique beauty and confidence at our oasis of wellness through dermaplaning. Begin your dermaplaning education by exploring this page. Discover what dermaplaning is, how it works, and what benefits you can gain from it. Find out what you can expect before and after your dermaplaning sessions.
Our founder Mary proudly represents ZO in Dr. Obagi’s elite ZO Skin Health Crew’s advisory board and has been recognized as a leading expert in the mission to create healthy skin for life.
What Is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is defined as a non-invasive cosmetic method. It was originally developed as a treatment method for tiny, deep scars caused by facial cystic acne. It involves the removal of fine, baby hair and the surface layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis via a scraping technique with a surgical-grade scalpel instead of a regular razor.
25 Minutes $90
ADD TO ANY FACIAL $50
Dermaplaning removes all the dead skin cells from your face as well as that peach fuzz we all love, leaving your skin extremely soft and smooth. It allows for better skincare product penetration and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly. First, we cleanse and prep your skin, then we apply a barrier oil as we use a stainless-steel surgical scalpel to gently provide excellent manual exfoliation. Smooth, luminous skin awaits. SPF is a MUST and all chemical exfoliants or prolonged sun exposure should be avoided after this treatment for at least one week. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types except those with acneic skin.
Who Is Qualified To Perform Dermaplaning?
A dermatologist or licensed esthetician is qualified to perform the dermaplaning procedure.
How Does Dermaplaning Work?
Dermaplaning is a dermatological procedure that commonly takes place in a spa or dermatology clinic.
This exfoliating treatment typically involves the following steps:
- A sharp surgical blade is prepared and wielded at a 45-degree angle.
- The licensed esthetician or dermatologist will tenderly pull your skin to tighten it.
- The blade will glide gently over your skin in an upward direction using light, feathering strokes.
- The dermatologist or licensed esthetician will softly scrape off the external layers of the skin which are full of dead skin cells.
Dermaplaning is comparatively quick compared to other skin treatments. On average, a dermaplaning session usually lasts for approximately 10 to 20 minutes.
It can be selected as a stand-alone option or as an integrative part of a facial treatment.
What are the Benefits of Dermplaning?
There are several benefits of having dermaplaning sessions at Spa Royale. Here are just a few:
Softer and Smoother Skin
Dermaplaning exfoliates your skin by getting rid of the outer layers. The superficial layers are usually abundant in dead skin cells, which may cause your skin to look dull, rough, and lifeless.
By removing these external layers, dermaplaning significantly improves the texture of your skin. Your skin will become visibly smoother and softer after you undergo the treatment. It will gain a healthy glow as well because your skin cells will have the chance to regenerate.
Facial Hair Removal
Unsightly facial hair may give you an untidy, masculine appearance. If you try shaving or plucking your facial hair it may cause the strands to look thicker when they grow back because of their blunted ends. On the other hand, dermaplaning treatments can effectively remove, not just the facial hair that is highly visible, but also the fine baby hair that you may miss out on.
Better Absorption of Skincare Products
Dermaplaning eliminates dead skin cells which may hinder your skin’s absorption of anti-aging serums, hydrating creams, and moisturizing lotions. It enables your skin to absorb skincare products more quickly and intensively.
Improved Application of Cosmetic Products
Makeup tends to look clumpy on rough, uneven skin. Dermaplaning treatments will even out the texture of your skin. As a result, you will find it easier to apply your foundation and other cosmetic products like blushers and eye shadows.
What Can I Expect Before & After Dermaplaning?
You can expect to experience impressive results once you complete your dermaplaning sessions. Here is what you’ll notice before and after dermaplaning treatments:
- Rough, uneven skin
- Abundant dead skin cells that keep your skin dull
- Unattractive facial hair
- Limited skin absorption of skincare products
- Awkward application of skin foundation and similar makeup products
- Smooth, tender skin
- Removal of dead skin cells that causes regeneration for glowing skin
- Silky hair-free skin
- Increased absorption of skincare products
- Improved application of skin foundation and other cosmetic products
How Can I Get the Best Results Before & After Dermaplaning?
As a reminder, to get the best results, we recommend that you do these things before and after your dermaplaning treatments:
- Avoid experimenting with DIY dermaplaning treatments to prevent potentially harmful side effects such as infections and scarring.
- Make sure that a dermatologist or licensed esthetician performs your dermaplaning sessions for safe, effective treatments that will lead to results that you’ll be happy with.
- Consult with a licensed esthetician or dermatologist to find out if dermaplaning is suitable for you. While dermaplaning is helpful for most people, it may not be appropriate for you if you have serious skin conditions like skin cancer, eczema, or severe acne. In this case, our professional team will recommend another type of treatment that is more conducive to your condition.
- Use sunscreen products after your session because dermaplaning will temporarily increase the sensitivity of your skin to the sun’s rays.
- Avoid or minimize the use of skincare products that contain retinol and glycolic acids as active ingredients.
- Hydrate your skin through light moisturizers that don’t include strong perfumes or harsh chemicals which may irritate your skin.
Schedule A Dermaplaning Facial in Gainesville, FL
Achieve silky smooth skin through the excellent dermaplaning facial services of Spa Royale.
Spa Royale is the only resort-style day spa in Gainesville, Florida, so we can give you the special treatment you deserve. Pamper yourself through dermaplaning and other skincare techniques at our center.
Other women have already experienced the revolutionary results of our dermaplaning services. It’s now time for you to maximize the potential of your skin through dermaplaning as well. Let our skilled team remove the unpleasant peach fuzz and dead skin cells to reveal your youthful, glowing skin.
Call us at (352) 333-5800 today to schedule a dermaplaning session with our skincare specialists or contact us to learn more about our Spa Royale dermaplaning treatments or other beauty and wellness services.
John W. Tyrone, M.D.
Our Medspa services, including Dermaplaning, are overseen by our Medical Director, Dr. John W. Tyrone of North Florida Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Center. John W. Tyrone, MD is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery of the body, breast, and face. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.